In order to enter my giveaway last week, I requested that entrants leave their favorite creative crafty tip in the comments. I wanted to take the time to share a few of my favorites.
- From DeeDee: “ My favorite organization thing...Is my recycled grill rack and pants hanger....I call it my Ribbon storage now.” Click the photo to see how she made it!
- From Marty: “My favorite DIY is shopping the house and rearranging with what I already have. Saves a lot of money and really changes things up.” I actually have a “decorating cabinet” where I store accessories that I change out throughout the house from time to time….makes it fresh and new without spending any money!
- From Mara: “I like to use jars- from sauces, salsa or whatever... and mod podge to cover the outside in magazine cut-outs or cute paper scraps. I use them to hold pencils, markers, etc on my craft table!” Several readers suggested using old bottles, jars and/or cans for storage, I need to start doing this more!
- From our winner, Andrea: “I wrap my ribbons around doll pins and secure with a ball headed straight pin. I then store them in a handled carrier. Works like a charm!” I have actually done this too and it works great and the ribbon takes up a lot less space!
- From Erika: “I love to re-purpose items, i.e. pillow cases/sheets into tank tops, dog bed covers, tote bags. And I buy my pillow cases and sheets at thrift stores and garage sales (and I sometimes find other items to re-purpose too!)” Great idea, Erika!!
For more awesome craft tips and ideas, be sure and read the comments on this post. Thanks to everyone who entered the giveaway and shared their suggestions!