Some people tweet a lot, some people tweet a little. I’m somewhere in the middle. I use Twitter to post updates from my Etsy Shop and my blog as well as to interact with others who share my interests. It’s also a great way to keep up with your favorite bloggers and get a more personal glimpse into their lives.
I came across this great article today, 100 Twitter Tips and Tools to Stay on Top of Your Field. It has some great ideas on how to maximize your Twitter use. Here are some of my favorites:
- Talk to people about their interests: Show that you’re human by discussing things that are important to others.
- Don’t try to read everything: You will be on Twitter all day and all night if you try to read every single tweet from your followers-just drop in when you can.
- Be retweetable: Share tweets that others will want to retweet.
- Slow down: Don’t clog up your followers’ Twitter screens-
- keep your Tweets relevant and interesting, not inane and constant.
- Connect with complementary businesses: Find value in Twitter by getting connected with others that can support your business or niche.
Here’s a few of my favorite DIY Divas on Twitter to follow: