My friend made the cutest Halloween gift basket for her daughter’s teacher last week and I just had to share. Luckily, she knows me well and took several photos before she sent it to school!
I had never seen these “Smores in a Jar” before. She said she got the recipe from a cookbook full of recipes for treats in a jar. These can be done for any holiday or season, not just Halloween.
She attached the directions on pretty cardstock with fun Halloween ribbon and used her Cricut to make a coordinating label for the top of the jar.
Halloween Smores In A Jar
1 quart mason jar
1 sleeve graham crackers
1 package holiday marshmallow peeps
one bag of holiday M&Ms candies
1/3 cup of brown sugar
1. Crush 1 sleeve graham crackers to crumbs.
2. Layer 2/3 of the graham cracker crumbs in a 1 qt jar. Pack down the crumbs a bit.
3. Arrange 8 to 12 marshmallow holiday peeps standing up, facing out around the inside of the jar. Press them up against the glass.
4. Carefully spoon remaining cracker crumbs in the center of the jar to support the peeps, pressing down to keep it snug.
5. On top of this pour 1-1/4 cup M&M's in holiday colors.
7. Spoon 1/3 cup brown sugar into center of M&M's, gently pressing with a spoon. If you have any room left over, fill the jar to the top with M&Ms.
1. Empty the jar contents into a bowl.
Snip the peeps into bits with kitchen shears or cut up with a knife.
Return the peep bits to the mixture. Mix well.
2. Melt 1/2 cup butter; add 1 teaspoon vanilla. Pour this over the dry ingredients, mixing well. Pat into a greased 8" or 9" square pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes. Cool and cut into bars.
What a creative and special gift for a teacher, neighbor, or friend! I love how she personalized it with the cute label and holiday towels. This can be done pretty inexpensively, too, since you can usually find those hand towels at TJ Maxx, Ross, or Marshall’s for under $5.00.