Be sure and check out the SUPER SALE going on now on my Facebook Page! Fabulous deals on out of season merchandise! Click HERE to check it out!

Monday, August 3, 2009

Thrifty Treasures



This thrifty shopping is becoming addictive! It seems my week is not complete without a stop at an estate sale or thrift shop. Luckily I had a good excuse to stop in Goodwill this week - since my sister was in town and wanted to make a jewelry organizer, we needed to look for a cheap frame. She found one at an antique store and I found these two cuties at Goodwill for 99 cents each:

IMG_2322

They are plastic, but you can’t tell and the scroll edge detail is fab:

IMG_2329 My mom also picked up this frame for me at Goodwill for $4.99:

IMG_2391

IMG_2401 IMG_2398

I think the angels may just have to take a hike though. Be sure and check out everyone else's thrifty finds over at Rhoda's Southern Hospitality blog.

Sooooo, now that I’ve got all these great thrifty finds sitting around, I’ve got to get busy transforming them! I’ve got all sorts of crafty ideas floating around in my head for them, so this week I’ve got to get down to business!

Speaking of getting down to business, I am so excited to announce I have passed the 100 followers mark!! In honor of all my dedicated readers, I’ll be posting a giveaway tomorrow, so come back and check it out….I think all my crafty peeps out there will love it!

Special thanks to Kelly over at Fabulous K for hosting a giveaway from my Etsy shop this past weekend. Her giveaway help push me over the 100 follower mark!





13 comments:

  1. enjoy transforming those frames and happy thrifting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Christy,
    Congrats on hitting your goal for 100 (plus) followers. I hope to do the same soon! Oh, and don't ya just love frames? A gal can never have too many!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Christy !!
    Happy Day !
    LOve all your finds - You Go Girl !
    Hugs ~ Kammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finds! You might have given me the push I needed to head over to Goodwill! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The frames are all great, and I agree, you can't tell those two are plastic! I've been picking up mirrors real cheap, with the plastic frames, and putting them on my porch. No one can tell the difference!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great frames! I have an addiction to old frames. It started when I went scouring thrift stores, flea markets, etc. for frames to frame my old family photos. Once I started looking I couldn't stop. Tucked away in my studio closet are easily over 50 frames, all sizes, waiting for transformation. I was in Dallas over the weekend visiting family and made everyone go thrift shopping with me (an interesting adventure).....I came home with 8 vintage matching frames with botantical prints each for $1.99. After that my day was complete!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi Christy, those faded ballerinas are beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those frames are great. I hope the angel won't mind taking a hike! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The two pictures at top are very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the 2 frames with pictures at the top!! You'll have fun redoing those!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Christy. Sorry this comment is late. I'm loving those frames. Great find!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can see that you do love frames too!!! Love the frames you found. Can't wait to see what you do with them. Thanks for visiting my blog & leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts with Thumbnails