Be sure and check out the SUPER SALE going on now on my Facebook Page! Fabulous deals on out of season merchandise! Click HERE to check it out!

Monday, August 17, 2009

DIY Day/Monday Metamorphosis


                      ASPTL
                                     
I’m joining some new parties this week since I don’t have any new Thrifty Treasures to share. Be sure and visit Between Naps on the Porch and Twice Remembered for more great DIY transformations. **Also added to Gina’s Transformation Thursday and Kimba's DIY Day Party .**

You may remember these beauties I picked up at Goodwill not too long ago:
IMG_2322 IMG_2329
I transformed them last week and here they are now:
IMG_2486

  IMG_2487IMG_2488

IMG_2489

 IMG_2491 IMG_2490
The photos really don’t do these pieces justice, they are just darling! The ballerinas have been replaced with cute butterflies now for sale in my Etsy Shop. I decoupaged a butterfly silhouette onto some pretty scrapbook paper and embellished them with some Swarovski crystals. You can’t really tell from the photos, but I gave them a swirly finish with the modge podge. I just love the combo of the girly pink and the black and white damask.

19 comments:

  1. Oh those are SO pretty! Love them! You are so talented! :)
    Roeshel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling transformation, Christy! Love the butterflies and the pink frames.

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a difference! You took these from outdated to modern and fun. I love the black/white and pink combination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great transformation! I LOVE the pink against that black and white pretty background and all the little details like the texture of the wings and little diamonds you added to the frame. So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow..I love them now..and the jewel embellishments I would have never thought to do that...lovely...hey these match my bedroom....great inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look fabulous. Such a pretty pink color. Great job. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty in pink! Just delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love those frames. What a great transformation!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pink a black are a really nice combo.

    I hope you will come for a visit.
    Cheri
    Its So Very Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very fresh!!

    Love these and the color!

    Stop by....love new friends!

    love, kelee

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would have never thought of going pink, but they look SO cute! great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My girls would love those. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. goodwill is a gold mine, and this is the perfect example why. nice work, these are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those butterflies are gorgeous! Love that pink, girlie!

    Thanks for joining me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely lovely!

    I have a poll up on my blog about my BIGGEST decor dilemma. Come on over and vote, I need all the help I can get!

    http://imnomartha.blogspot.com/2009/08/first-poll-ever-to-paint-or-not-to.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts with Thumbnails