Be sure and check out the SUPER SALE going on now on my Facebook Page! Fabulous deals on out of season merchandise! Click HERE to check it out!

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Spirit Friday

Sorry for the lack of posts this week, real life & work got in the way of my crafting and blogging! But I wasn’t about to miss Spirit Friday, where I show off a little purple & gold or black & gold spirit! 

A friend of mine recently brought me this cute piece of garden art from a craft show in her hometown:

IMG_1845

How adorable is this purple and gold flower?  It’s made from tin cans, can you tell??

IMG_1848

Looks like these would be easy to DIY if you had a strong pair of tin snips.  My friend said they had them in all colors.

IMG_1849IMG_1850Since all my real flowers have croaked from the extremely dry, hot summer we’ve had, this is the perfect addition to my wilting garden.  I’ve just got to add a little “LSU” down the stem for even more spirit!IMG_1846

Sharing with the following parties:

 Favorite Things Friday_25fffbigbutton2Weekend Bloggy Reading

Geaux Tigers, Beat West Virginia!!

8 comments:

  1. I love this! I featured it on my facebook page for my blog (Land of the Misfit Toyz; Family, Crafts, Decorating) and I definitely see it on my Friday Fave Five tomorrow! You should check it out and grab a button!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is so cute. Of course in my dried up garden it would need to be orange and blue (haha!) 'cause it's been awful hot and dry here in Florida too! You've got my wheels spinning, so maybe instead of recycling all those cans I've got in the storeroom, I'll pull a couple back out to practice on...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really neat!! Love those pretty colors. :) I love stuff like this for the garden. Reminds me, I need to get workin' out there!! Thanks for linking up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that! At first it was hard to see that it was made from cans...but then...WOO WEE! I am impressed! And such great colors!!! How fun!

    I found you at Amanda's party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous!!!...you should check out my post http://lifeonoldsavannah.blogspot.com/2010/09/decked-out-doors.html and see the LSU door swag my friend Amy made....you would love it!!!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've collected about 400 gallon tin cans from the school cafeterias in town. I've made some tin men out of some but now I'm going to craft your awesome idea. Thank you so much for posting this. 💗 💗 💗 💗 💗

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts with Thumbnails