Be sure and check out the SUPER SALE going on now on my Facebook Page! Fabulous deals on out of season merchandise! Click HERE to check it out!

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Quick Ribbon Storage

So we all know about my slight addiction affinity for all things fleur de lis.  It seems I may have developed another collection of sorts.  Apparently I’ve been hoarding ribbon:IMG_0148I bought one of these handy-dandy ribbon organizer spool thingys but quickly out-grew it:  IMG_0144

So I added a couple more plastic containers:

IMG_0143I even recycled canisters for ribbon storage; still running out of room:

IMG_0146

I knew there had to be a better, more space saving way to store my ribbon while still being able to view and access it easily.  I’ve seen all sorts of ribbon storage ideas on other blogs, but instead of hunting for something to re-purpose or buying something new, I decided to take the easy way out and just use some wire hangers.        IMG_0157

Now all my ribbon is easily within reach right in my craft closet!  I can carry the hanger to wherever I’m working or just cut off the length I need right from the closet.

IMG_0168IMG_0162These are actually the wire hangers that are coated with soft plastic, so they are a little more durable.  I just unwound the neck, slipped the ribbon spools on, and secured it back.

IMG_0166I still store my wider ribbon in boxes that can easily be stacked & stored on a shelf.  I also employed the wooden clothes pin technique and wrapped smaller scraps to eliminate some spools.

IMG_0158

Quick and easy, and best of all it was FREE!

What method do you use to store your ribbon?

Sharing with:

TTbutton  thriftthursday frugalicious friday

18 comments:

  1. What a fabulous storage solution!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a WONDERFUL idea! I have tons of ribbon too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, now that's creative! What a fantastic idea!

    It's no secret, I looove ribbon too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great idea, Christy! My ribbon collection is one of the things I'd like to have better organized and stored. Right now I have it split between two wicker baskets. I either have to get it all in one or do something where I'm able to see the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea. I have some ribbon stored in vintage sewing machine drawers....some ribbon is wrapped around clothespins (like yours)....some ribbon rolls are hanging on a dowel rod in the studio....yeah, I have an obsession with ribbon too!! I going to use you idea with the wire hangers...thanks!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great idea...pure genius!...I wish I had a craft closet like you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very smart, Christy! Thanks for linking up to Thrifty Thursday this week!
    Hugs,
    Leigh
    Tales from Bloggeritaville
    www.lbratina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hangers are suck a great quick fix. I am so jealous of your ribbon stash. I need to pick up more when I see it on clearance.

    Thanks for visiting my blog! I love comments!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't think there could be a living soul with more ribbon than I have.........but I think you win! :-) Love the hanger idea.

    Warm blessings,
    Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's how I store my ribbon too!! But I have way less. I want your stash!!!!

    :) Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love to see someone with more ribbon than me...ok, well maybe not more but our addictions rival each other! Love the hanger idea but I have no closet in my workspace. Sadly, mine are all in old shoe boxes like yours were...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that! Thanks for all the tips! Thanks for sharing! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!! My ribbon stash very much resembles yours in quantity, and I've been unhappy with all my storage attempts. This looks like a winner. I'm going to give it a try! Regards, Sheilla

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts with Thumbnails