Be sure and check out the SUPER SALE going on now on my Facebook Page! Fabulous deals on out of season merchandise! Click HERE to check it out!

Monday, February 8, 2010

DIY Day: Simple Dog Scarf

Today’s DIY project is in honor of the Saints’ Super Bowl win!  Who Dat, baby!! It feels so great to say that…..THE NEW ORLEANS SAINTS are SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!

Ahem, now that that’s out of the way, onto the project.  I made Gidget a Saints scarf a few weeks ago.  I wanted to make it as quick and easy as possible, with the supplies that I had on hand. 

First, I embroidered the logo onto some scrap fabric, before cutting the fabric.  You could use an iron-on patch instead if you don’t have an embroidery machine.IMG_0143Then, I used one of her pre-made scarves as a size template and cut out a triangle piece of fabric, centering the logo:

IMG_0144IMG_0145

Next, I folded down the top a couple times and pinned in my ribbon ties. 

IMG_0146Then, stitched a zig zag border around the perimeter, making sure to sew the ribbon in place.  IMG_0148

I didn’t even hem the edge! IMG_0147

I went back over where my ribbon went in with a straight stitch to make sure it would be held securely.

IMG_0149And then carefully clipped away the excess point of fabric, taking care not to cut the ribbon in the process!

IMG_0150

All done, easy-peasy! IMG_0152

IMG_0159  IMG_0154

Gidget approved! IMG_0156

Totally stylish, don’t you think? IMG_0158This was so simple and quick to make, you could whip one up for every season! If you have a large or very active dog, I would recommend a different technique than the ribbon ties, although these held up well and never came untied when she was wearing it.  You could lengthen the fabric out at the sides, fold it down and tie it like you would a bandanna.

Click the buttons below to see more fun projects!

 getYourCraftOnResized

kimbaDIY125 REINVENTED_AD   

 wfmwbannerKRISTEN Show and tell poster copy_jpg w showoffyourstuffbutton TreasureTotsButton_150x150

TTbutton

22 comments:

  1. She is such a natural model. I have some tulle and I think that I will make Murphy a tutu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute. I will have to remember this for my parent's dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, how cute. I need to make a couple for my sheepdog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool Blog...I take it your a Saints and LSU fan :-)
    I am glad they Saints won too. I'm a Bama fan for college.
    I really like your crafts/designs, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wooo! Go Saints!
    I made a sign last week for them http://moodygirlprojects.blogspot.com/2010/02/happy-superbowl.html
    Love your scarf - wish I'd made one for my dogs to wear during the game!
    Maybe next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable. I am a Colts fan, but I think everybody loves the Saints this week. What a game they played! And what a great model you have for that darling scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ruff, sniff, sniff, ruff,ruff, howl! lick, lick, Scamp
    (Translation- Thank you for this great idea. I love to wear fancy things. Mommy is going to make this for me. Love, Scamp)
    Thanks!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the last pic of the dog....it so looks like the dog is modeling the scarf. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute and your puppy is just adorable in her new scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome idea! And your pup is too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too cute! Your four-legged 'kiddos' deserve to be stylish too! Congrats Saints!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute and a fun way to show your support.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it!

    Happy for your Saints win! Sorry for my Colts!
    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it!!! i'm orginally from BR and now live in NC.. How bout dem Saints!!!! Love the scarf...

    I have a Get Your Craft on Thurs. over at Life As Lori and would love for you to come and join us...
    http://lifeaslori.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cool! Please excuse me for not bing too excited about the saints...I am a Vikings fan!! But they did play a Great game!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG - your dog is so adorable!! What a cute project. I love it!

    XOOX
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  18. Who Dat? Dats the most cutest dog ever - dats who! Sorry, couldn't resist.

    ReplyDelete
  19. LMAO that is the cutest dog!! And the scarf makes him cuter. OMG I WANNA HUG HIM!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts with Thumbnails