Be sure and check out the SUPER SALE going on now on my Facebook Page! Fabulous deals on out of season merchandise! Click HERE to check it out!

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Shopping in NOLA

As I mentioned in my previous post, my sister and I spent a couple days shopping in New Orleans.  Having lived in NOLA for a few years pre-Katrina, it was great to go back and see everything getting back to normal.  Of course we hit the hot spots, like the French Market:

IMG_1545

Magazine Street:

IMG_1546

and Royal Street in the French Quarter:

IMG_1534

When I lived in New Orleans, I had no idea of some of the great places that were right in my backyard.  We started out at Jefferson Variety Store, which supplies a lot of the Mardi Gras krewes with their beads, throws, and fabric for costumes.  I was on the hunt for some unique fabric and trim, and I found it there!

IMG_1529

Check out all the hats available for purchase along the top shelf!

IMG_1530

Another favorite spot was this lighting store on Royal Street.  IMG_1538Crystal chandeliers were dripping from the ceiling around every corner!

IMG_1537IMG_1536

The crystals on this one pictured below were a golden brown.  If I had a formal dining room and couple thousand dollars to spare, it would have come home with me!

IMG_1541

Another place I had never been but had heard lots about was Angelo Brocato’s.

IMG_1554IMG_1551IMG_1550

The perfect pit stop for an afternoon snack of gelato and a cannoli!  YUM!IMG_1552Our last stop on our way out of town was Gordon’s of Metairie, which used to be right around the corner from my old townhouse.  It’s kind of like a Hobby Lobby without the fabric/crafts.  Their window displays caught my eye with all that turquoise blue that is so popular now.  

IMG_1555 IMG_1556 IMG_1557I really wish we had one of those where I live!

It was a quick trip, and while we made the most of our shopping time in New Orleans, I could have spent several more days there!

Sharing today’s post with:

Favorite Things Friday_25fffbigbutton2It's a Blog Party

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. Seeing all those neat places makes me want to hop in my car and head over there (you know, it's *only* eight hours, hehe). Those chandeliers are TDF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always so fun to see my home through someone else's eyes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too love Gordon's! Oh how I wish there was something like that in Houston.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I'm so glad you stopped by my blog today! I was so happy to see pictures of my favorite city. We used to live in LA but live in TX now. How I miss it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts with Thumbnails