Be sure and check out the SUPER SALE going on now on my Facebook Page! Fabulous deals on out of season merchandise! Click HERE to check it out!

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

French Quarter Lace

I spent a couple days last week with my sister in New Orleans.  One of my favorite things about the city is the beautiful iron balconies in the French Quarter.

IMG_1532

It’s always interesting to see how people decorate their balconies with plants and flowers.

IMG_1533

Most of these condos/apartments don’t have an outdoor space (aside from a shared courtyard perhaps), so they have to make do with the space they have.

IMG_1543

While researching my genealogy in high school, I learned that one of my ancestors was an iron-worker and some of his work can be found in the French Quarter.  It’s so neat to think that a piece of my history could be on any one of these balconies!

IMG_1542Tomorrow I’ll share more details from our shopping adventures!   

Sharing today’s post with:

 Outdoor Wednesday: Click on the picture below to learn more... It's a Blog Party     

9 comments:

  1. They really are a sight to see. I've never been in the south but it would be fun to stroll down a street like this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!!

    Thanks for shoeing us.
    blessings

    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, simply lovely balconies.
    Joyce M

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just in New Orleans too last June and did a bit of volunteer work. I do love the French Quarter and took so many photos of their lovely balconies as well. Stopping by from OW.
    -marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never been to New Orleans but have always wanted to go. Thank you for sharing. La

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those balconies are beautiful. The iron work is so intricate! I'd love to visit New Orleans someday! Thanks for the beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great balconies. The iron work in New Orleans is beyond awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute pictures!
    Thanks for linking up!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts with Thumbnails