Be sure and check out the SUPER SALE going on now on my Facebook Page! Fabulous deals on out of season merchandise! Click HERE to check it out!

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Put Your (Easter) Party Hat On!

It seems like everyone is showing off their Easter crafts and decor, so whaddaya say we have an Easter Linky party here later this week??  I’ll put up a post on Wednesday night for the party on Thursday so everyone can link up their Easter-related blog post(s).  Share your Easter decor, crafts, wreaths, outfits or baskets!

easterbutton All week long I’ll be posting my favorite Easter-related crafts and decor.  To start, I made some pretty glittered eggs this weekend to add to my decor. Natasha at  Samster Mommy also made some, and I copied her technique.

I used paper mache eggs, but this will work with your common plastic eggs as well.  Stick a wooden skewer in ‘em and prop them up in a bucket or piece of foam.

IMG_0389

Give your eggs a good thick coat of modge podge:

IMG_0390

Sprinkle liberally with fine glitter.  Do this over a paper plate so you can dump the excess glitter back in the jar.

IMG_0392

Shake off the excess glitter over the plate and stick them in a bucket or foam to dry.  IMG_0394IMG_0396 IMG_0397

After a few minutes, I sprayed mine with clear sealer to help keep the glitter from getting everywhere, but I’m not sure if that really helped or not.IMG_0408

Set them in a basket or nestle them in an arrangement and you’ve got instant sparkle!

IMG_0409

IMG_0421

You could also leave them on the skewer, tie a bow underneath them, and stick them in a wreath, potted plant, or other type of display.

So make sure you come back all week long for more Easter projects and to link up your own on Wednesday night!

Sharing today’s project with:

DIY Blog button ITS-SO-VERY-CREATIVE-BUTTON  TGC_linkyparty

Life as LoriMaking

14 comments:

  1. PRETTY glitter EASTER eggs...thanks for sharing them with all of us! Hope you have a FUN week!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, they look so yummy with all that sparkly glitter on them! I have some that the boy & I painted, but now I'm thinking mine might need a little sparkle! they look SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your glitter eggs... I'll have to make yours too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous eggs and I can always count on you to use purple. Thanks for idea/

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rats! You people keep on tempting me with these uber cutesy projects that I am just going to have to cave and do one! Love the glitter eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty and of course we all love glitter! I will have to explore more of your Blog. Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are gorgeous! Thanks for your comments on my blog - would be honored if you shared my wreath. I'll link to yours also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohhh they look yummy enough to eat! I love anything that glitters :)

    ~ Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also saw these with Samster's mommy! I *love* them and going to get my MS glitter today!! :) Great idea for this evening. :)

    Follow my blog and leave a comment! I'm having a giveaway and it ends soon!!

    mommyoftwo247.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I featured this at Life As Lori. If would like to stop by and grab the I was featured button please feel free to do so.

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  11. Christy,
    VERY pretty! love the eggs! I'm so glad you joined the Easter Roundup!
    Happy Easter!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts with Thumbnails