Be sure and check out the SUPER SALE going on now on my Facebook Page! Fabulous deals on out of season merchandise! Click HERE to check it out!

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

How To Create Your Own Designer Wreath

Hopefully you noticed my friend’s gorgeous spring wreath in yesterday’s post: easterwreath

I’m sure you’ve seen these ready-made for sale in boutiques, craft stores and home stores for top dollar.  But it’s easy to create your own for a fraction of the cost. My friend was kind enough to break down her process so I could show y’all how she did it.

She started with a grapevine wreath and a mossy twig/wire basket:  easterwreath3 easterwreath4

Attach the two together using floral wire or whatever type of wire you have available: easterwreath5

Now your wreath/container should look like this:  easterwreath6

For the next steps you’ll need some floral foam and some moss:

easterwreath7

She used the kind of moss that comes in sheets.  This makes it easy to line the inside of your basket so the foam doesn’t show through. easterwreath8

Line the inside of the basket with moss and stick the foam in: easterwreath9

Now for the fun part! Gather your floral stems, picks, sticks and/or filler.  This is where you can spend as much or as little money as you want.  Hobby Lobby and Michael’s almost always have their florals on sale half off.  I think it’s good to have a variety of textures and heights.  You can spend a little more on one or two large elements and get the inexpensive stuff for filler.

easterwreath10

Begin arranging your elements in the basket, sticking them in the foam and using your best judgment.  Looks like she started with the taller stems in the back and filled in up front with flowers.  You can always go back and add or subtract as needed.

easterwreath11You can add cute little decorations depending on the season.  She’ll easily be able to take this bunny off after Easter and leave the wreath throughout spring and summer.  easterwreath

Doesn’t it look fabulous?!  With just a little time and creativity, you can create your own boutique-style designer wreath!

Make sure to come back Thursday (Wednesday night) to share your Easter/spring wreaths, crafts, and/or decor!

easterbutton

P.S. Sharing today’s post with the following parties:

crafton-2 showoffyourstuffbutton TTbutton 

j-a-girl.blogspot

11 comments:

  1. Your front door is sooooo cute, I loved the little rabbit added to the arrangement, soooo cute, love it...Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did admire it! How nice of her to show how it was put together. I'd love to make one, if I just had a front door like that to put it on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the tutorial! You make it look so easy to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just want you to know I posted a link to you today. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOps, guess I should have added the link. Duh.
    http://delilahsmomma.blogspot.com/2010/03/new-stitched-inch-and-new-blog-and-lazy.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that is a show stopper. Talk about unique - my favorite style.
    Pam @ becolorful

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! Makes such a statement. And the bunny is so cute! Great job!

    XOOX
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is adorable. Great colors and height and the cute bunny for spring whimsy. Too cute. I have not seen the bottom twig basket anywhere. Do you know what store sells that?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would definitely say this is fabulous! Love all the bright colors.

    Happy Spring to ya!
    “Domestic Princess in Training”

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful! I love it!

    Thanks for joining Get Your Craft on Thursday. Please join me next week for another great party!
    Don't forget to enter my giveaway! I'll announce the winner at my next week party.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts with Thumbnails