Be sure and check out the SUPER SALE going on now on my Facebook Page! Fabulous deals on out of season merchandise! Click HERE to check it out!

Sunday, September 27, 2009

More Fall Wreath Ideas

Last week I joined the Fall Festival over at the DIY Showoff Blog and showed you my quick and easy fall wreath.  This week I’m joining up again and showcasing a couple wreath more ideas.  The first is a fall door arrangement put together by my best friend, hanging on her front door. IMG_2906
I think she did a beautiful job of mixing textures and colors to create a stunning arrangement! I love the metal cone container, what a great alternative to the traditional grapevine wreath.IMG_2907
Just look at the lovely burnt orange, reds, and yellows (and a hint of purple of course). The frayed burlap ribbon mixed with the sheer tiger print is fabulous!  IMG_2908
It’s easy to recreate this yourself.  Simply choose any container (spray paint it if necessary), and mix and match floral elements to your heart’s content.  There’s no rhyme or reason, just play around with it, be creative, and have fun!

This next door decoration was made for me by my mother and now hangs on my back door.  I’ve had this wreath for several years now and it has held up well.
IMG_2872My mom was inspired by the huge Homecoming corsages that can be seen around this time of year at the local high schools.  I’m not sure if it’s more of a tradition in the south or what, but around here the corsages can get pretty large, adorned with silk mums, long ribbons, and various trinkets, and can often cost $100 or more if you buy them pre-made.  They usually end up looking something like this:
 
So the version my mom designed shows our team spirit for the LSU Tigers of course!  She used a small round cane wreath as a base and layered it with silk mums, ribbon, feathers, and a small stuffed tiger pin.  Here’s a view from the backside:
IMG_2928And a close-up of the center:
IMG_2873I thought the wreath needed a little something, so I added one of my tin signs.
IMG_2874Geaux Tigers, perfect! If you’re a football fan, this type of wreath is a great way to incorporate your team spirit into your fall decor.  Again, just be creative and mix and match elements in your favorite team’s colors.

I’ll also be linking up to the usual Monday Parties, be sure and visit all the wonderful projects being submitted.
        Falling for Fall
Be sure and check out Met. Monday at BTNOP this week for a fabulous giveaway!
************************************


I have been asked by Cheri at Its So Very Cheri to let you in on a big huge GIANORMOUS announcement. Be sure to MARK THIS DATE- Oct 1. All I know is that you need to head over to Its So Very Cheri on Oct 1 so you don’t miss out on this big event. She’s never done anything this big. So grab the button and place it on your side bar so you don’t forget, plus your friends will be glad you let them in on it too. Will you be there? I know I will.
************************************
Please take a moment to check out my earlier post and give me your feedback on my “Blast From the Past” Decorating Party, I would appreciate it!

16 comments:

  1. FABULOUS work!I need to get off of my duff and use you for inspiration:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning fall wreath! Great job - it looks beautiful on your equally as stunning front door!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great decorations! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Christy those are amazing. I guess I've been out of High School too long or they just don't do those around us. I haven't seen those before. It kind of reminds me of the tassels.

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  5. I;m really diggin the burlap for ribbon idea..and love the purple too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice wreaths! I really like the burlap ribbon being used.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The wreaths are so pretty. Just gorgeous. Very inspirational. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, those are just gorgeous!

    I have a linky party going on over at my place, check it out! http://theshadesofpink.blogspot.com/2009/09/room-month-shade-tutorial.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Christy...

    Ooooh...love both of these fall door decorations/wreaths! Hmmm...I have a cone wall pocket like your friends and I'm wondering how she was able to get so much height to her beautiful arrangement? Do you know? Maybe she just used really long floral stems? Anyway...I did one up but it's much shorter...I love the tall one!!!

    Love your pretty fall wreath too! Ohhh yes...I lived 30 yrs. in south Texas where they go "all out" with the homecoming mums! Hehe! What a fabulous idea that your mom had...to use this same idea for a fabulous fall wreath!

    Warmest wishes and Happy Fall!
    Chari

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have the prettiest wreaths! The homecoming idea is such a great one! (Thanks for the reminder that my daughter needs a dress! I better get on that!)

    Thanks for adding your fun ideas to the Fall Festival!

    Roeshel

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thansk for the visit & the comment! I LOVE The door hanging your friend made & how clever is your mom? The Tiger's "mum" is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for your visit to my blog the other day and for the sweet comment. I made some fall door decor too.
    I signed up as a follower and would love if you did the same.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it !!! So creative and so adorable !!!!
    Kammy

    ReplyDelete
  14. You've been featured AGAIN. Thank you for posting so many fun and inspiring projects.

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts with Thumbnails