Be sure and check out the SUPER SALE going on now on my Facebook Page! Fabulous deals on out of season merchandise! Click HERE to check it out!

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Hooked on My New Toy

Check out my new toy:

IMG_2789 It’s a Singer Quantum Futura Sewing/Embroidery Machine!  My mother-in-law generously gave this to me when she upgraded to a newer model.  I can’t wait to start trying it out!  This opens up a whole new realm of crafting for me.

If anyone out there reading this has embroidery experience or tips/hints I would love any and all input. I’m going to start small, probably just embroidering burp cloths and baby items.  I’ll have more time next week to play with it, but until then I’ll be reading up on the manual and other internet resources. 

You can also see the sewing machine quilt that my mother-in-law made for me in the photo above.  We used this tutorial from Get Your Craft On.

I’m linking up to Julia’s Hooked on Friday Party.  Head on over to see what everyone else is obsessing about today!

 

Geaux Tigers, Beat Vandy!

13 comments:

  1. What a lot of fun you have ahead of you. Can't wait to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun new toy you have...and a hand-me-down...even better!!

    I love the sewing machine quilt too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't have the first clue what to DO with this machine but it looks impressive! Can't wait to see what you create!
    pk @ room remix

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo, you lucky duck! I've always wanted one of those! Have fun creating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for you! Can't wait to see what you create :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! My sister has an amazing embroidery sewing machine and creates beautiful things as for me, I am luck to sew a straight stitch. I am impressed that you are so crafty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have an embroidery machine and I do a lot with it. My tip is to use at least three layers of interfacing each time. Don't try to save money there. You will be sorry. Practice a lot...you'll love it! Lisa~ ww.livingmybestlifeii-lisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bought one of these fancy machines a couple of years ago, I didn't use it once - what a silly girl - sold it on ebay for not much of a loss - I hope you get heaps of use out of yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have the Brother Disney Machine and I love all of the great things I can do with it. When someone I know has a baby, I buy a basic blanket and personalize it with the baby's name. Makes a GREAT gift. Also, putting names on towels is a great wedding gift. I think I have a picture on my blog of some towels I did.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sooooo envious! Lucky you! Can't wait to see all of your embroidering madness! I know it's going to be awesome!

    Roeshel

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lucky you! I was also gifted an embroidery machine a few years ago and it does take time and practice to get a good grasp of embroidering. I would agree with Best Life about using the proper stabilizers for the type of fabric being embroidered. I thought I would save some money and skip using the proper stablizers and backing but I learned the hard way when some of my projects turned out looking horrible. I used google search a lot to find which stablizers were appropriate for different fabrics. I plan to do a post soon showing off some of my embroidery projects.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thats great.
    I have been doing Machine Embroidery for 10+ years.
    Embroidery Library Website has great designs, projects and tutorials. Check it out.
    Good luck and sew on.

    Cyndi J cyndij49@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts with Thumbnails