Be sure and check out the SUPER SALE going on now on my Facebook Page! Fabulous deals on out of season merchandise! Click HERE to check it out!

Monday, May 16, 2011

Day One

Well, we have an exciting “home improvement” project starting this week…..we are getting a POOL!

The planning and designing has kept me busy the past few weeks, hence the sporadic blog posts.  So now I’ll be taking you along on our journey to summer fun, if for nothing else than to document it for ourselves. 

Today the designer drew out the shape with spray paint on the grass and a crew came and dug out the perimeter and formed it up with boards.  Of course I don’t have a true before photo, but you can use your imagination.  Here’s how we stand at the end of the day:

side view

IMG_3198

view from back of yard

IMG_3199We are also doing some work on our patio area.  We took up the flagstone extension that the previous owner put in and are planning on laying sod and using the flagstone to make a pathway to the pool.  Here’s the work in progress:

IMG_3194

The pathway will go where the red arrows are.  I’m going to re-do/add flower beds along there as well.

IMG_3195_2

I will try to post daily or when there are major changes.  The ground will be dug up tomorrow so I’m sure it will be a messy day.  I just have to take deep breaths and tell myself all the mess will be worth it in the end!

2 comments:

  1. how exciting!! I know y'all will get a lot of enjoyment out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is SO awesome!!! It's going to be a fun summer for you guys for sure. Can't wait to see the progress.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts with Thumbnails