Be sure and check out the SUPER SALE going on now on my Facebook Page! Fabulous deals on out of season merchandise! Click HERE to check it out!

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Garden Party

How about a stroll through the garden to see how everything is growing?  First stop, a quick transformation.  I’ve had these purple glass candle holders hanging in my flower beds since our wedding six years ago, and they were looking a little worse for wear:IMG_0777

Spray paint to the rescue! Yep, I just spray painted right onto the glass.  I didn’t prime or anything since they would just be hanging in the garden and wouldn’t be getting handled much.

IMG_0780

IMG_0779 Next stop, my favorite of favorites, my lovely hydrangeas.  These lacecaps don’t last very long, but when they’re blooming they are so pretty.

IMG_0904IMG_0907

The others are bursting with blooms.  I’m so glad the previous owner planted these in the backyard where I can enjoy them!

IMG_1147IMG_1148

I’m experimenting with this bush, adding a little aluminum to the soil every year to get purple blooms:

IMG_1152

I’ve gotten some interesting results this year….

IMG_1150IMG_1151

I love hydrangeas because not only are they beautiful, but they are easy to care for.  I just have to make sure they get enough water every day.  Plus, the blooms last a long time and are perfect for vases inside.

IMG_1162

IMG_1135

My containers are growing nicely, too.  I love these yellow petunias I planted this year:

IMG_1153 IMG_1154

Potato vine, jasmine, geraniums, and my little strawberry pot with herbs are all chugging along:

IMG_1155

Moving on to the front yard.  These bulbs are in the front garden, and I have no idea what they are.  The previous owner planted them, and they bloom more and more each year:

IMG_1137

Anyone know what they are?  Firecracker something?IMG_1138

My daylilies are beginning to open up as well.  These are also great because of the low maintenance and beautiful variety.  I have peach, purple, yellow, orange, red, and maroon.IMG_1139 IMG_1140

I bought this ornamental pepper plant a few weeks ago, I had to have it because of the cute little purple peppers! IMG_1142

Along the side of the house, the sunflowers I planted from seeds are growing but haven’t bloomed yet: IMG_1143

The canna lillies are more than making up for the sunflower’s shortcomings, though: IMG_1144 IMG_1145 IMG_1146I hope you enjoyed the tour! Gardening has been something I’ve really come to enjoy, although I am by no means an expert.  I just like to stick stuff in the ground and see if it will grow!

I’ll be linking up to Tuesday Garden Party, Outdoor Wednesday, Transformation Thursday, and the Garden Party at Southern Fried Dreams on Thursday.

19 comments:

  1. Hi Christy! I enjoyed the garden tour this morning, your flowers are beautiful! You are so clever, love the look of your painted glass holders, great job!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do a great job with gardening! Your flowers are very pretty!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm like you, no expert but I love when everything starts blooming! I planted a Hydrangea in a pot for the first time this year. So far so good. I've seen those little flowers that you don't know what they are before but I don't remember the name. You should cut one & bring it to a nursery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hydrangeas are so beautiful! I'm so jealous. Mine are just starting to bloom, I just planted them this spring so they're still young plants.
    -marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christy your flowers are amazing!! I'm so jealous of your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful garden! And I love the color you painted onto the candle holders.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You hydrangeas are beautiful! Mine haven't opened yet. And I LOVE different varieties of Day Lilies. We have a place closes that sells 300 different type. I have 8 now. I'll have to remember to post them as they bloom. Oh did you know tat day lilies pedals are eatable? They are great in salads.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your garden is really beautiful, you have a real variety of plants in it. I also enjoy gardening, I'm no expert, but I gain a lot of joy from it.
    Hugs, Cindy S

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing your garden! Your hydrangeas are absolutely breathtaking! Wish the climate agreed with them here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved the tour- I see you're linking up to a couple of parties- if you're interested in linking to another, I host one at AnOregonCottage.com called the Tuesday Garden Party. We'd love to see your beautiful garden there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. your hydrangeas are beautiful! so interesting about adding aluminum. huh! i followed you here from "an oregon cottage"... i wrote about deadheading flowers on my blog today, and i'd love if you could pop by and share your perspective on the topic. ~ana

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your garden is looking lovely. I have been very tardy in getting my garden tidied up, LOL! What a crawling baby will do to your schedule. Thank you for posting the pics of your flowers.

    Kimberlee, from www.TheSpunkyDiva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a really great idea. And oh my your flowers are to DIE for!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your flowers are just gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful Christy! Those hydrangeas are fantastic! Thanks for the tour!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh I love the hydrangeas!! I don't see pink ones a lot, but those are so pretty! I have lots of canna lillies in my yard too and love them! Thanks for sharing! *Visiting from Tuesday Garden Party* Thanks for stopping by my blog this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your garden tour is wonderful. I love hydrangeas, too. Can you believe I don't have a single one? I'm chicken. You say they are easy so maybe I'll give one a try this year.

    All you containers are lovely, too. I like the way you grouped them - perfection!

    Thanks for linking up! Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for stopping by my blog for the garden party. I love all your pretty flowers. I am just now beginning to dabble in my own planting, so it's great to see what others have done. I also LOVE the spray painted glass candle holders.

    ReplyDelete
  19. beautiful flowers, looks like you're getting great result wiht your Hydrangeas, & the painted glasses are just too cute!
    Helen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts with Thumbnails