Be sure and check out the SUPER SALE going on now on my Facebook Page! Fabulous deals on out of season merchandise! Click HERE to check it out!

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Easy Candle Decoration

I thought I would share a quick and easy way to transform your candles from boring to blingy!  IMG_1095

You’ll need some sort of wire and some beads big enough to slide down your wire.  Needle nose pliers will also come in handy.  I used some black jewelry wire and glass beads from Artbeads.com.  If I make more of these I’ll try using the memory wire next.  Keep in mind that larger, heavier beads will weigh your candle wrap down.IMG_1071IMG_1079

First, bend a little loop in one end of your wire to stop the beads from falling off:IMG_1073

Then just start stringing on your beads in any pattern you choose:IMG_1081 IMG_1084

You can make it as long as you want, I just kept going until I ran out of beads and ended up with about a 15 inch piece.   Longer is better in my opinion.IMG_1085

Now, just wrap it around your candle and enjoy! IMG_1087 IMG_1091IMG_1090Wouldn’t this be pretty for a holiday tablescape?  This same idea can be used to make beaded napkin rings.IMG_1093

I’ll be linking up to the following parties:

Monday

The Girl CreativeMaking metmonday

Sumo Sweet Stuff DIY Blog button ITS-SO-VERY-CREATIVE-BUTTON

Tuesday

 Photobucket BWS tips buttongetYourCraftOnResized

Wednesday

Show and Tell GreenLife in the Pitts

whateverwed 

Thursday

 Get your craft on Thurs. giveawaysTransformation ThursdayshowoffyourstuffbuttonHookingupwithHoHthriftthursday

10 comments:

  1. Lovvvve this idea. I'm always decorating candles, but never thought of beads. Thanks and yours turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so pretty!!! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting from making the world cuter ...

    I love this idea! :) So simple but something I never thought of, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now this is a gorgeous candle! You are amazingly talented!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What pretty beads, too. Thanks for sharing your quick-fix decrating idea. Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute idea. I did this a few years ago but used stretchy string and had to glue it in place. I had seen it in a catalog for a fortune and was sure I could make it. I hadn't thought of doing it on the tapers, but love it. I followed you over from The Girl Creative. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea! thanks for sharing, they are really lovely - I found you through Between Naps on the Porch.

    Have a beachy day...

    Marie @ Sally Lee by the Sea
    http://nauticalcottageblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like it on the thiner one especially! SO pretty, and it would be a great way to make some plan candles work for every holiday! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so pretty! These would be gorgeous at a night wedding. Thanks so much for the how-to, I'll be linking to this if you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the idea, always looking for new candle decoration ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts with Thumbnails