Be sure and check out the SUPER SALE going on now on my Facebook Page! Fabulous deals on out of season merchandise! Click HERE to check it out!

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Show Us Where You Live Friday – MASTER BEDROOM


It’s Friday and of course I’m joining Kelly again for her home tours; today’s feature is the master bedroom.  We just got a new duvet set for our bed at Christmas and made a few other changes before that, so I’m excited to show it off.

C’mon and take a walk down the hallway of fame (this is where we showcase a ton of family/wedding photos) to our bedroom:

DSC02548

And here’s the bedroom as you enter the door:

IMG_1022

Our new bedding was a steal at Tar-jay. Hubby picked out this bed all by himself when he was single, didn’t he do good?

See that bench over on the left under the window?  I’ve had it for ages, and it’s great for storage……see?

IMG_2028

Ha Ha, just keepin’ it real, y’all!

All the rest of the furniture in the room belonged to my grandparents.  I updated this dresser by removing the brass plates behind the drawer handles and replacing the attached wood framed mirrors with more modern bevel framed ones.

IMG_0410

Yes, we have a TV in our bedroom.  Sue me

IMG_0416

(Obviously this pic was taken awhile ago before we got new bedding)

Here are some close up pics of the accessories in the room:

MB5

IMG_0412You know I had to display one of my candle embellishments in here, every room needs a fleur de lis, right??

IMG_2030

Hmmmmm, wonder what my favorite color is??

Oh, in case anyone wonders, the wall color is Behr Oakridge.

One of the two closets in our room has these awesome built-in drawers:

IMG_2026

Not that I need them for my 179 pairs of flip flops or anything:

IMG_2027

Thanks for looking! I can’t wait to see everyone else’s rooms!

13 comments:

  1. Your bedroom is so pretty!! I love the colors, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those mirrors!!!!! I want some in my house but don't know where I would hang them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your accents/decor/lamps!
    I'm guilty of having a TV in my room as well. I love relaxing in my bedroom! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This summer I hope to make my bedroom much more photogenic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful. The mirrors and chandelier are amazing. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a bench in my bedroom too and yes it is the perfect place for "storage" LOL! You did a great job on your room, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I couldn't live without a TV in my bedroom, so wear it proud girl! I don't care what other people say.

    I really like those mirrors and that is a lot of flip flops.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your room! The chandelier is great and I am a HUGE fan of fleur de lis too!

    PS>>>GO HOGS:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts with Thumbnails