Be sure and check out the SUPER SALE going on now on my Facebook Page! Fabulous deals on out of season merchandise! Click HERE to check it out!

Friday, June 12, 2009

Show Us Where You Live Friday: Bathrooms (aka She sells seashells by the seashore)


TGIF! I'm happy to participate once again in Kelly's Korner Blog's weekly tour of homes. This week's feature is bathrooms. I'm going to showcase our guest bath, since our master bath is pretty small and really not much to look at.

Anyone who knows me knows how much I love the beach. My husband and I were married in Pensacola Beach, FL, 5 years ago and honeymooned in Destin, FL.

So it's only fitting that the beach serve as inspiration for our bathroom decorating. My hubby & dad replaced the old ugly 1" tiles with beautiful new tile and I painted the walls (twice) after removing some really ugly wallpaper (thanks mom!). The paint color is now the same as in our living room. I'd love to eventually update the light fixture in here too. Here's the view from the hallway:

And the view standing in front of the tub:


My mother made this wreath using seashells from the beach where we were married. She gathered them when we went to pick out the beach house for the ceremony site, and she had this ready to hang in the house on the wedding day.


We picked up these prints in Seaside, FL, during our honeymoon. They are by a local Florida artist, Cara Roy.

We also bought these starfish soaps in Seaside and my mom made the initial soap. I love the large seashell candle because you put a little tealight down in the bottom and it makes it glow so pretty!


In an attempt to go totally overboard with the theme decorating, I tied seashells to the shower curtain rings.

Perhaps in tomorrow's post I'll show you the bathrooms in our old house in New Orleans. We also used seashells in that guest bathroom, but in a very interesting way. And we did a master bath re-do right before we moved that I'm very proud of. Stay tuned!

14 comments:

  1. Your bathroom is so cute!! It's so sweet and pretty! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bathroom looks so relaxing! Thank you for sharing.
    Ash

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the shells on the shower curtain. Very beachy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the seashells on the shower curtain. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I've seen this before, but what a beautiful bathroom! It IS just like a walk at the beach. Lucky you! Your accents are so pretty! Your walls look gorgeous! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How great is this bathroom?!! I just love the colors and your beach them! FANTASTIC!!

    Thank you for Sharing!

    Robin @http://alabamaslackermama.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I like your bathroom theme! My husband and I were married last year in Destin....gorgeous place!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your bathroom, especially the paint color it looks so great with the white tiles on the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have made a beautiful bathroom...love the color and the decorations!
    Great decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice paint color - I can't find anywhere if you tell us what it is?
    Displaying things from your wedding and honeymoon is a lovely way of keeping the memories as fresh as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The paint color is Behr Burnt Almond (#280F). Thanks for all the compliments!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this - especially the starfish curtain rings. You pulled off the beach theme really nicely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts with Thumbnails