Be sure and check out the SUPER SALE going on now on my Facebook Page! Fabulous deals on out of season merchandise! Click HERE to check it out!

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Show Us Where You Live Friday - Living Room Edition




Kelly over at Kelly's Korner has started a weekly blog entry asking readers to "show us were you live" every Friday. Last week was kitchens, and this week is living rooms. She had so many great entries last week I thought I would join in the fun this week. Our living room has undergone quite the transformation from top to bottom since we moved in. We replaced the nasty grey carpet with hardwood floors, painted the walls and bookcase, and installed a new fan. Also, it's decorated in my favorite colors, purple and gold! (Don't worry, it doesn't look as bad as that sounds!)

Here's the full view from our kitchen. Gidget is proudly displaying the hardwood floors that we put in last year. I've been looking for some new artwork for over the couch, but finally decided to just spray paint the frame of the one that is up there now (it was light brown before). You can't tell from this photo, but it is a beautiful watercolor print that has all the colors of the living room.

Here's the view from the other side of the room. My hubby usually claims the chair (it reclines) and I stretch out with Gidget on the purple couch. I love my couch, it was my first big purchase (besides my car) after I graduated college. It's beginning to sag a little around the edges, but I can't bring myself to replace it just quite yet!

And here's what we're looking at when we're lounging in our respective spots. I was not very happy when my hubby wanted such a big TV, but I gave in when he agreed we could purchase a nice entertainment center to go around it....something else for me to decorate! Now I love the big screen and wouldn't have it any other way!


Here's a close up of the built-in bookcases. My mom & I painted these white and painted the back wall purple (the same color is on the foyer walls). I have fun decorating these shelves and like to switch out the decor occasionally.
Here's a chair on the other side of the room that my mom & I re-covered. She also made the pillows with a beautiful fleur de lis fabric (who would have ever guessed I would have picked fleur de lis???). You can also see the beautiful Tiffany-style fleur de lamp I got for FREE from one of my mom's friends.
And finally, here's a close-up of the candlescape on our coffee table. I made this candle embellishment to dress up the candles a bit.There you have it! I just so happen to be posting entry from my big purple couch right now while watching DVR'ed TV!

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend....give your mom a big hug and kiss if you are lucky enough to have that special person in your life. I'll be posting the DIY Mother's Day gift I made on Monday.

15 comments:

  1. I love the colors - SO CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your living room. I have shelves like you do, don't you just love them. Love the floors. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally DIGGING your floor-great job there, I lvoe it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the purple and your floors are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never seen hard wood floors like that. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're living room is gorgeous! I'm too embarrassed to show mine yet. Thanks for the heads up about Kelly's blog ... heading over there to check out more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your floors! ;-) great job decorating - thanks for having us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your floors are amazing! I love the purple, such great style! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your floors, they are so unique. I live in denham springs, la and it is fun to find someone who lives in La. that has a blog and loves LSU. Geaux Tigers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your hard wood floors and that cross candle ring is beautiful! thanks for sharing! be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your living room! I share your love for Fleur De Lis! Thanks for sharing your tour..I really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts with Thumbnails