Be sure and check out the SUPER SALE going on now on my Facebook Page! Fabulous deals on out of season merchandise! Click HERE to check it out!

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Mardi Gras Week: Wreath Ideas

Welcome to day four of Mardi Gras Week at Embellished Bayou! Be sure and check out the previous posts so you don’t miss any of the fun.  Today I’ll be featuring Mardi Gras Wreath ideas. 

First I’ll share a little before and after with you.  I decided my Mardi Gras wreath needed a little sprucing up this year.  The colors tend to get a little faded after a while.  The purple was looking more like hot pink than purple. Here it is before:

IMG_0131

In progress, but still missing something:

IMG_0138Ahh, yes, the glittery gold bow.  Mardi Gras calls for obscene amounts of glitter, sequins, and feathers:

IMG_0168

I shamelessly copied my best friend and wrapped a purple boa around the wreath.  I just wound it around the foil garland that was already on the wreath and also added a new foil garland.IMG_0167

I found the wire star garland in my craft stash.

IMG_0164

The sheer sparkly ribbon came from Hobby Lobby and the gold glitter ribbon came from Pier One after Christmas clearance.  IMG_0163

Here’s my front door wreath.  I just re-purposed my gold glitter Christmas wreath by adding some purple, green & gold garland, glitter feathers, and a pretty bow.

IMG_0169 IMG_0170My best friend layered three wreaths together to make one, then wrapped it all in a boa leftover from her bachelorette party.  wreath2wreath3wreathHere’s how it turned out.  Fabulous, no??IMG_0067

I also may or may not have copied her idea for a layered bow:

IMG_0068

I love the statement that this large metal crown makes.  She got it and the ribbon at Hobby Lobby. IMG_0069

You definitely know it’s Mardi Gras time when you get to her door!

IMG_0070Here’s my mom’s back door wreath.  Can you tell we shop at the same places?  She also follows the “more glitter is better” rule.

IMG_0172I love how she incorporated one of my little Mardi Gras tags in her wreath: IMG_0174

Here’s her front door wreath.  I love the long streamers at the bottom.

IMG_0234IMG_0236

I also love the festive garland around the front door.  That gold ribbon is what happens when you store your ribbon tightly wound up.  You get a giant curly-q!

IMG_0233 

I also had to get a shot of her neighbor’s wreath, we are always noticing it from across the street. It really sparkles in the sunlight, even though it’s a little faded now.

IMG_0231 IMG_0232

So basically, this post is to show you the great variety of wreath ideas out there.  You can use beads from your parade stash, leftover party boas, and even Christmas clearance items! Pretty much anything will work for a Mardi Gras wreath as long as it’s colorful and sparkly!

I’ll be sharing this post with the following parties:

TTbutton thriftthursday

frugalicious friday

 

If you have any Mardi Gras wreath or craft ideas, grab a button and link them up here:

pggfleurdilisbutton Don’t miss tomorrow, I’ll be sharing Mardi Gras decor!

6 comments:

  1. I need totally build up my stash some more before I create these beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are fabulous! I love the feathers!!

    This is the first year that I bought a Mardi Gras wreath. I used a coupon at Michaels and purchased it half off. It isn't quite as pretty as yours though.

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come share your creation at my party: Thursday's Treasures!
    http://treasuresfortots.blogspot.com/2010/01/thursdays-treasures-week-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the "obsentity" of it all! GORGEOUS! I want to make myself one now. I know just the place to begin looking. Thanks!Great work!


    Thanks for linking up to Thrifty Thursday!

    Leigh

    Tales from Bloggertiaville

    www.lbratina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so pretty! I love the deep purple. Can you suggest your favorite website for materials? My Michael's carries so little in the way of Mardi Gras/Gasparilla materials.

    Jane (artfully graced)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts with Thumbnails