Be sure and check out the SUPER SALE going on now on my Facebook Page! Fabulous deals on out of season merchandise! Click HERE to check it out!

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Vintage Chandeliers, I Heart You!

I went to a few estate sales this past weekend, and while I struck out getting any good finds, I did spot a few vintage chandeliers in one house that I absolutely drooled over.  Unfortunately, they weren’t for sale, but I couldn’t resist snapping a few pics to share.  I really hope the family members will take these beauties and give them good homes (and perhaps a makeover) because I would hate to see them thrown out when new owners move in and want to replace them with more modern lighting.  

This one was hanging in the master bedroom:

IMG_2124

This one was in another bedroom, it’s hard to tell from the photo, but the crystals on this one are iridescent:

IMG_2121

And this one was in a smaller bedroom, how cute would it be painted pink or blue in a nursery?? The beads and drops almost looked like milk glass:

IMG_2123

There was one more lovely in the dining room, but I didn’t take a photo because it was covered in ivy and you couldn’t really see its true beauty.  Gosh, I would just love to get my hands on one of these and give it a makeover!! 

How about these for some inspiration:

image courtesy heavenly-lights.com

image courtesy heavenly-lights.com

image courtesy heavenly-lights.com

Image courtesy gallery84.net

Image courtesy lampsplus.com

I’m trying to decide if I like this new trend of a shade over a chandelier, what do you think?  Actually, now that I look at all the photos out there, I think I’m digging this look.  It really combines modern and vintage, which I love.

Images courtesy gallery84.net

Image courtesy lampsplus.com

Image courtesy zgallerie.com

Maybe I’ll come upon another vintage chandelier to makeover soon, until then these inspiration photos will have to do!

10 comments:

  1. Ooooh, pretties! I love the green one ... and I think I like the chandeliers with the shades, too. Very neat!! Hope you are able to find one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of the ones you posted. I love chandeliers, as evidenced by my office makeover. :-P Do you ever look for them at thrift stores?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!! And I think I like the shade thing too..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them all! Not sure I am sold on the shade over the chandy...
    Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have chandeliers all over my house ... Gail makes them for us. These are equally as beautiful. I can't get enough of them. TTFN ~Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I'll take mine without the shade, if that's OK... I think these are beautiful enough to not need anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fabulous chandeliers. I want them all! I'll have to agree with Struggler though and say no to the shade! Thanks so much for coming over to visit me, and leaving that sweet comment. I love hearing from you!

    Karen
    My Desert Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you love chandeliers check out my blog

    http://kellyannstudio.blogspot.com/2009/07/my-obsession-with-chandeliers.html

    Love your blog---

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want them all - coming from a chandelier obsessed person. Great post, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice pictures! I can't say that I like the shades over the chandeliers though - it looks like the chandeliers are wearing bandages.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear what you have to say!

Related Posts with Thumbnails