I apologize for my extended blogging absence! After Thanksgiving things got a little hectic with work, embroidery orders, and lugging all the Christmas decorations down from the attic!
Amidst all that, we had to get a new TV since our old one bit the dust. I can’t say hubby was too disappointed about that! In order to make our new television fit in with our entertainment center, hubby had to make a new stand and I wanted to show off his handy work!
I took the idea of the storage cube he built last year and expanded upon it. Here is the end result:
We used some deck railing caps to build up the bun feet.
I really wanted something light colored and textured to break up all the wood tones and these worked perfectly. They match a rattan footstool that sits across the room.
This was a great solution for us since we needed something with specific measurements and couldn’t really find the perfect fit. Plus, everything we looked at online and in stores was more than we wanted to spend! Including the baskets, this project cost right around $100. I’m so lucky to have a handy hubby!